Social Worker - Children's Safeguarding Team - Kingston - £32 to £35 per hour
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join the Children's Safeguarding Team in Kingston.
This role will provide the successful Social Worker the opportunity to be part of the delivery of a high-quality service, improving the lives of children, young people and their families in Kingston. As a Social Worker, you will be responsible for providing a direct Social Work safeguarding and support service within our Children and Families Teams.
Benefits as a Children's Social Worker include:
* Competitive pay rate
* Long contracts for good performance
* Supportive team and management
* Progression opportunities
* Flexible working available
Duties as a Children's Social Worker include:
* Undertaking child protection investigations, court work and complex cases.
* To carry out assessments and manage plans of intervention/support/care within government and departmental prescribed timescales and standards, as required by the Practice Manager.
* To develop and implement plans to meet the assessed needs of children and their families/carers and to undertake the role of key worker.
* To maintain a personal awareness of legislation, national and regional developments and key drives that shape and influence contemporary social work practice.
* To work in partnership with other departments within the local authority, other statutory, voluntary and independent agencies.
* To ensure that professional standards and practice are maintained and that responsibility for practice and decision making is undertaken commensurate with the level of experience, knowledge and grade.
* To be able to recognise safeguarding vulnerable people situations and report through agreed processes to enable appropriate action to be taken.
Requirements as a Children's Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Previous experience working in Children's Safeguarding
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.