Social Worker - Children in Need, Child Protection, Children Looked After - Hull - £36 per hour
A highly experienced and dedicated Social Worker is required to join the Child in Need, Child Protection, Children Looked After Teams in Hull. The successful Social Worker will provide a local professional social care service for children, young people and families in need.
The benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Supportive and highly skilled team and management
* £36 per hour pay rate
* Relevant training and development
* Career progression opportunities
Duties as a Social Worker:
* To undertake procedurally compliant assessments and section 47 enquiries that clearly identify levels and types of risk or need based on documented evidence
* To record and analyse information gathered during the process of social care assessment in line with the case recording policy, local and national guidance and best practice principles.
* To undertake assessments in such a way as to lead to clear associated plans that address the issues identified for children.
* To practice with a clear understanding of the relevant legislative principles, an up to date knowledge of research, emerging case law and best practice guidance.
* Engage with children, their carers and families in such a way as to clearly understand their circumstances, wishes and feelings and form conclusions which direct longer-term interventions focussed on the best interests of the child.
* To be involved in the process of taking and recording children's contacts and referrals, contributing to achieving a full understanding of the issues being referred, the relative urgency, the level of risk or need and the action needed in individual cases.
* Assist in the provision of court statements and prepare reports that may be required by the courts and bodies in connection with children's services.
* Work alongside colleagues in providing social care advice and interventions across Children's Services Trust and all agencies.
* Prioritise in line with relative urgency/levels and types of risk and/or need and ensuring that children are safe and that their needs are met.
* Contribute to the functioning of the team by fully engaging with the support of colleagues, understanding and working within established processes and advising less experienced staff members.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England Registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
* A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.