Social Worker - Family Safeguarding Team - Taunton, Somerset - £30,451 - £34,728 per annum
A highly experienced Social Worker is required to join the Family Safeguarding Team in Taunton, Somerset. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team with management caseloads.
As a Social Worker, you will work with parents and the wider family network to support them to tackle problems and change interactions and behaviours. With permanent Team Managers and a permanent stable senior leadership team, you'll be well supported with regular and reflective supervision.
The team are supporting flexible working arrangements and their offices meet the Covid-19 Secure standards. They're using risk assessments and where needed, PPE to protect social workers. Good technology is provided to help you stay connected to your team and manager through virtual meetings, team check-ins and service sessions.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Flexible working
* Generous Basic Salary
* Generous Annual Leave
* Relocation allowance
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role:
* To initiate discussions to seek agreement for s20 or initiate planned emergency legal proceedings to ensure children are protected in line with procedures
* Foster good relationships with legal services and local family courts
* Promote purposeful social work practice, following the service's parenting/group work programmes and undertake regular clinical and case work supervision
* Ensure that in all aspects of work that the views, feelings and wishes of children, young people and their parents/carers are taken seriously and used appropriately
* Provide high quality relationship based social work services to children and families at tier 4 level of Surrey Safeguarding Children Board's Effective Family Resilience criteria
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Worker qualified
* You must have substantial experience working with children and families in social work
* Social Work England registered
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org