Advanced Practitioner - Family Safeguarding - Taunton, Somerset - £34,728 - £38,890 per annum
We are currently looking for an Advanced Practitioner (Social Worker qualified) to join a fantastic Family Safeguarding Team in Somerset. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team who want to recognise the skills and knowledge that experience can bring, by providing progression opportunities for experienced practitioners who want to remain in frontline practice.
The successful Advanced Practitioner must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills allowing you to work effectively in partnership with other agencies and teams. Alongside this, you'll have excellent time keeping and a keen eye for detail, as you produce accurate reports and quality assure the work of less experienced colleagues.
Benefits as an Advanced Practitioner:
* Generous salary
* Flexible working
* Generous annual leave
Duties as an Advanced Practitioner:
* Joining our Children's Social Care teams as an Advanced Practitioner, it will be your responsibility to skilfully manage complex work with the most vulnerable children in our community and in our care, whilst mentoring and supporting less experienced colleagues to grow and develop as practitioners.
* Through pro-active, multi-agency working you'll work with a range of service providers, facilitating the provision of a needs-led service and creating positive outcomes.
* We'll look to you to ensure all services are child focused, using a range of therapeutic skills and interventions to make sure that children reach their potential.
* We have a commitment to reduce fieldwork caseloads down to an average of 14, which is fewer than most other local authorities. This will allow you to focus more time on individual cases and deliver a higher level of service. Alongside this, we want to provide you with the right work life balance, to support you as an individual, as well as an employee.
Essential requirements of this Advanced Practitioner role:
* Social work degree or equivalent
* Ideally you will have PEPS 1 but if not then supervisory experience is needed
* Social Work England registration
* The ability to robustly advocate for people's human rights
* In essence, we are looking for people who are passionate about doing the right thing
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com