Social Worker - Assessment - Dudley - £38,506 per annum
We are currently looking for an experienced Children's Social Worker, to join an Assessment Team in Dudley. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and engaging authority
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Manageable cases loads
* A comprehensive learning and development package
* High quality professional supervision
* Supportive and collaborative team working
* Excellent progression opportunities
* A bespoke induction package
* Agile working including working from home opportunities and flexi time arrangements
* A permanent senior management team
* Onsite free parking
* A comprehensive and enhanced learning and development programme developed alongside the government's new accreditation scheme and provided by our innovative Dudley Centre for Professional Practice.
* A service-wide mandatory Restorative Practice training programme with ongoing implementation of restorative practice across all services
* Excellent staff engagement opportunities with quarterly staff briefing sessions, team manager meetings, staff reference groups and weekly chief officer chats
* Generous relocation package
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* A generous annual leave entitlement
* Defined career progression and pathway opportunities
* Car sharing scheme
* A cycle purchase scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Pay care health scheme (Contributory)
* Travel pass
* Discounted leisure centre benefits
Social Worker duties:
* Be part of a Restorative Practice Model to focus on building relationships, valuing people and working together to achieve positive outcomes.
* Join a small pod of social workers, managed by an experienced manager and supported by a team of pod coordinators to deal with routine administrative tasks enabling the social worker to concentrate on working with families
* Be supported by a dedicated Court Team that manages Public Law cases
* Be supported by an Advanced Social Work Practitioner link within Dudley Centre for Professional Practice in areas of practice and development as needed
* Manage caseloads dependent upon experience, grade of post and complexity of cases, utilising specialist knowledge for appropriate interventions, needs assessments, care planning and child protection investigations
* Be responsible for a caseload and work with others in your pod as you intervene together with families, to ensure the best possible outcome for children
* Carry out high quality assessments, using child-centred, community focused, and multi-agency interventions to bring about positive change through developing effective relationships and to secure the best outcomes for children and young people
* Ensure children and young people are adequately protected in line with Dudley LSCB, departmental policy and procedures, and relevant legislation
Essential requirements as a Social Worker:
* You must be social work qualified with a good level of experience in working in a children and families setting and have managed a complex case load.
* Have completed section 47 investigation.
* Possess a sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
* Have the ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
* Good knowledge of child development
* A clear decision maker and good team worker
* A current Enhanced DBS and registration with Social Work England
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please contact email@example.com