Social Worker - Fostering Team - Stockton- on-Tees - £27.50 per hour
An experienced Social Worker is required to join the Fostering Team in Stockton- on-Tees. This is a large and busy team, responsible for recruiting, assessing, training and supervising foster carers and supported lodgings providers.
Due to an increase in workload it has been agreed for additional Agency Social Workers to join the team for a minimum of 3 months to assist with suitability to foster assessments (connected persons and mainstream), supervision and other child placement casework. Social Workers should have experience of undertaking prospective foster carer assessments within an appropriate timescale, supervision of foster carers and training.
Benefits of this Social Work role:
* Supportive team environment
* Flexible and home working/consolidated working (e.g. working 9 out of 10 days (74 hours)
* Free access to our in-house training facilities
* Free on-site office car parking although mostly remote working
Duties of this Social Work role:
* Assess and train prospective foster carers, primarily connected person foster carers, within appropriate timescales.
* To supervise foster carers in their delivery of foster care to children looked after.
* Support and develop foster carers in their delivery of foster care.
* Participate in duty system dealing with requests for foster care placements and taking enquiries about all aspects of fostering and adoption as well as offer urgent assistance to approved carers.
* Working with others, both within and outside the Department to make suitable and safe arrangements to place children and young people within a framework of assessment, care planning and review.
* Contribute to the training of foster carers.
* Maintenance of records and administrative system as required by the Department.
* Ensuring that statutory and departmental policy requirements are complied with in all aspect of the work.
* To feedback to the Team Manager any difficulties in relation to the effective provision of services and/or policies.
* This position may require staff to work flexibly outside the normal office hours.
* To ensure that all customers both internal and external, receive a consistently high-quality level of service, commensurate to the standards required by Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council.
Essential requirements of this Social Work role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme