Social Worker - First Contact/MASH Team - Durham - £27 per hour
The role is office based 8.30 - 5pm and 4.30 on a Friday
No active caseload beyond a 24hour timescale
An opportunity has arisen within the First Contact MASH Team at Durham for a full-time experienced Social Worker.
First Contact is the Front door into Children's services, and the role is to undertake daily multi agency DV screening and triage, receive and undertake enquiries and apply a threshold to safeguarding referrals, speak directly to family members and other professionals, and progress to the appropriate service within timescales.
The post is utilising signs of safety and is based within a large stable multi agency team. The role is office based 8.30 - 5pm and 4.30 on a Friday, and there is no active caseload beyond a 24hour timescale. Currently half office and half home based within COVID restrictions and there is onsite free parking for those days in the office.
Benefits of this Social Work role:
* Combination of office and home based
* No active caseload beyond a 24-hour timescale
* Stable team deemed as a strong front door service by Ofsted
* Onsite free parking
Duties of this Social Work role:
* Undertaking daily multi agency screening and triage
* Receive and undertake enquiries on and apply a threshold to safeguarding referrals
* Speak directly to family members and other professionals and provide an outcome to the appropriate service within timescales.
* Be part of the rota for a multi-agency MASH where you'll be required to undertake appropriate checks
* Utilising signs of safety within a large stable multi agency team
* Assessing risks whilst reflecting risk and vulnerabilities
* Apply a strengths-based approach and demonstrate understanding of legal frameworks, with good report writing skills whilst working under pressure
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.