Social Worker - Looked after Children and Care Leavers - Gateshead - £27 per hour
A Looked after Children and Care Leavers Team in Gateshead require an experienced Social Worker to join their team. The successful Social Worker will be responsible for the delivery of effective and timely interventions to looked after children and young people in accordance with current legislation, guidance, procedures and priorities.
You will also promote safeguarding arrangements, assessments, preparation and planning for looked after children and care leavers.
Benefits of this Social Work role:
* Stable authority
* Regular supervision
* Home working available
Duties of this Social Work role:
* To undertake CIN assessments and needs assessments in line with agreed policies, procedures and guidance.
* To develop, formulate, implement and maintain care plans and pathway plans in line with agreed service policies and procedures
* To ensure all allocated cases are subject to appropriate review in relation to individual need and local and national policy and legislation and that the views of children, young people and their families are sought in advance of any formal meetings and to support their full contribution and engagement in assessment, planning and review processes.
* To promote the education of looked after children and young people to meet their aspirations.
* To promote the safety, health and wellbeing of looked after children and young people within their families and communities through the delivery of intensive support and interventions.
* To ensure that record keeping and report writing is timely and accurate and fully compliant with the Council's recording systems and evidences the voice of the child/young person and their journey.
* To participate in such activities as directed by the team manager that contribute to ongoing review and improvement of practice and service standards within a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
* To take responsibility for ensuring individual practice is subject to continuous improvement and meets with local and national professional standards, including attending training and professional development events and activities relevant to the role and necessary for registration with the HCPC.
* To develop and embed multi-agency and multi-disciplinary approaches so that looked after children and young people receive holistic interventions that promote a positive journey though intervention and support.
* To work within the Councils scheme of delegation and authorisation and ensuring that all recommendations and decisions are brought to the attention of the designated manager
* Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.