Deputy Team Manager - Social Worker - Fieldwork Team - Stockton - £35.50 per hour
Our client in Stockton require an experienced Social Work Deputy Team Manager to join their Fieldwork Team. The successful Deputy Team Manager will be committed to providing good outcomes for children and young people.
The successful Deputy Team Manager must already have the skills and ability to manage a reduced caseload and support the Team Manager to lead a team of Social Workers and be confident in assessing and managing situations where there are child protection issues and high levels of need.
Benefits of this Social Work role:
* Supportive team environment
* Flexible working
* Free on-site office car parking although mostly remote working
Duties of this Social Work role:
* To ensure the effective and safe delivery of social care services for the Fieldwork Team within the context of the safeguarding agenda.
* To be responsible for the line management of Senior Family Workers and Family Workers within the Fieldwork Team.
* To assist the Team Manager with work allocation, supervision, workload management, target setting and performance appraisal through the use of manual and electronic systems.
* To monitor and manage budgets as directed by the Team Manager.
* To chair a range of meetings on behalf of the Team Manager, including Strategy/Legal/Public Law Outline (PLO) meetings.
* To attend a range of meetings on behalf of the Team Manager, including Initial Child Protection Conference (ICPC) and Review Child Protection Conference (RCPC).
* To investigate and attempt to resolve complaints made by service users and representations from other professionals.
* To assist in preparing the team's contribution to the Business Unit Plan and to contribute to the planning and development of future services.
* To ensure that each team member provides high quality assessment and services within the legislative and policy framework. This will include quality assuring documents, case file audits and observation of staff in order to improve practice.
* To liaise with colleagues in other service areas and agencies to ensure effective working relationships and coordinated services.
* Support and assist in the management of delegated budgets and resources with due regard to economy, efficiency and effectiveness in line with organisational policy.
* To take part in the corporate management of Children's Services by attending appropriate management meetings and training.
* To enhance Children's Services image within the authority by promoting awareness of services and achievements and encouraging greater participation.
* To ensure that team members understand and work within key performance
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme