Social Work Team Manager - Long-Term Child Protection - Newcastle - £35.70 per hour
We are currently looking for an experienced Team Manager (Social Work qualified) to join a Long-Term Child Protection Team in Newcastle.
The role will involve having a caseload of children who are subject to Child Protection Plans, Child in Need Plans and also Children in Care. Some cases will be in Care Proceedings. The role will also involve completing Child & Family Assessments, Child Protection Enquiry Assessments under Section 47 of the Children Act 1989, Parenting Assessments and Court Work. The post is located within a team of up to 8 Social Workers (including Senior Practitioners) and managed by a Team Manager.
The team operates a flexible approach to working. During COVID19 restrictions, there is a reduced workforce operating from the main office, however, workers are with adequate IT equipment to enable tasks to be completed remotely; this includes regular reflective supervision.
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Long term contracts
* Stable authority
* Home working available
* Supportive and friendly team
Duties of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Managing a team of social workers
* Liaising with other professionals
* Knowledge of relevant legislation
* Working with children on the child protection register, looked after children and children in need
* Attending court
* Working with Public Law Outline (PLO)
* Single assessments
* Chairing child protection conferences
* Child protection meetings
* Case conferences
Requirements as a Social Work Team Manger include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Post-qualified experience
* Substantial evidence of CPD relevant to children's social care
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.