Social Work Team Manager - Families First - Durham - £36 per hour
We are seeking a full-time, temporary Social Work Team Manager to join a Families Fist Team in Durham due to a current service need.
The Families First Teams are statutory social work teams responsible for children and young people from the point of referral to the point of permanence. These teams assess risk and implement care plans for children and young people deemed to be in need of Level 4 Services on the Durham Staircase of Need. They complete children and families assessments, work with children on a Child in Need basis, undertake safeguarding work and enquiries under Section 47, as well as Public and Private Law.
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager:
* Combination of home and office working
* Long term contracts available
* Mixture of virtual, doorstep and home visits based on risk
Duties of this Social Work Team Manager:
* Support an environment where social work will flourish, and where your team put children and families at the centre of everything they do.
* Support the team to embed Signs of Safety as a model of practice so that:
* The quality of relationships is central to the practice of the team.
* The team robustly assess risk
* The work of the team with parents, children and young people is collaborative, timely and intensive, and supports families to find their own solutions.
* The team challenge constructively.
* The team use strength-based language.
* The team are clear about what good looks like for each child.
* Lead by example, showing integrity, creativity, resilience and clarity of purpose.
* Develop and maintain positive relationships, and be visible and accessible to your team, to children, young people and families, and to other professionals.
* Promote optimal child development and be alert to signs that may indicate that the child is not meeting key developmental milestones, has been harmed or is at risk of harm
* Identify the impact of adult mental ill health, substance misuse, domestic abuse, physical ill health and disability on family functioning, social circumstances and child development
* Carry out in-depth and ongoing family assessment of social need and risk to children, with particular emphasis on parental capacity and capability to change. Ensure that the voice of the child is heard, and that families and partner agencies contribute in a meaningful way to the assessment
* Make realistic, child centred, plans within a review timeline, which will manage and reduce identified risks and meet the needs of the child. Ensure that children, young people and families, and partner agencies participate fully
* Produce well argued, focused, and jargon free case notes, plans and reports e.g. single assessments and court reports. Present a clear analysis and a sound rationale for actions and conclusions
* Evaluate and review the development and progress of children, young people and their families against the agreed plan, monitor their changing needs and evaluate impact. Amend plans as and when necessary
* Social workers working in Child Protection and Disability services, Families First and Looked After Services will also lead the investigation of allegations of significant harm to children in consultation with other professionals and practice supervisors
* Use the law, regulatory and statutory guidance to inform practice decisions. Make use of the best evidence from research to inform the complex judgements and decisions needed to support families and protect children
* Be accountable for, and review own practice using supervision and reflective practice. Seek advice from a range of sources. Discuss, debate, reflect upon and test hypotheses
* Maintain personal and professional credibility through effective working relationships with peers, managers and leaders both within the profession, throughout multi-agency partnerships and public bodies, including the family courts
* Participate in developments to improve the quality of the service and improve outcomes for children, young people and families
Requirements as a Social Work Team Manger include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Post-qualified experience
* Experience of recent high quality staff management including sickness absence, supervision, appraisal and workforce development
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.