Social Worker - Families First - Durham - £31 per hour
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an agency Social Worker to join the Spennymoor Families First Team.
They are looking for an experienced Social Worker, with experience of working cases at all levels including children in need, children in need of protection and children in care, as well as experience of care proceedings and private law work.
Due to COVID there is a combination of both home working and office working.
Benefits of this Social Work role:
* Combination of home and office working
* Long term contracts available
* Mixture of virtual, doorstep and home visits based on risk
Duties of this Social Work role:
* Communicate clearly and sensitively, building effective relationships with children, young people and families and other professionals. Listen to their views and enable their full participation in assessment, planning, and review
* Build and maintain high quality and appropriate professional relationships with children, young people and families to enable positive change to take place. Support children, young people and families even they are angry, hostile and resistant to change. Manage tensions between parents, carers and family members, in ways that show persistence, determination and professional confidence
* Promote optimal child development and be alert to signs that may indicate that the child is not meeting key developmental milestones, has been harmed or is at risk of harm
* Identify the impact of adult mental ill health, substance misuse, domestic abuse, physical ill health and disability on family functioning, social circumstances and child development
* Carry out in-depth and ongoing family assessment of social need and risk to children, with particular emphasis on parental capacity and capability to change. Ensure that the voice of the child is heard, and that families and partner agencies contribute in a meaningful way to the assessment
* Make realistic, child centred, plans within a review timeline, which will manage and reduce identified risks and meet the needs of the child. Ensure that children, young people and families, and partner agencies participate fully
* Produce well argued, focused, and jargon free case notes, plans and reports e.g. single assessments and court reports. Present a clear analysis and a sound rationale for actions and conclusions
* Evaluate and review the development and progress of children, young people and their families against the agreed plan, monitor their changing needs and evaluate impact. Amend plans as and when necessary
* Social workers working in Child Protection and Disability services, Families First and Looked After Services will also lead the investigation of allegations of significant harm to children in consultation with other professionals and practice supervisors
* Use the law, regulatory and statutory guidance to inform practice decisions. Make use of the best evidence from research to inform the complex judgements and decisions needed to support families and protect children
* Be accountable for, and review own practice using supervision and reflective practice. Seek advice from a range of sources. Discuss, debate, reflect upon and test hypotheses
* Maintain personal and professional credibility through effective working relationships with peers, managers and leaders both within the profession, throughout multi-agency partnerships and public bodies, including the family courts
* Participate in developments to improve the quality of the service and improve outcomes for children, young people and families
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.