Approved Mental Health Practitioner (AMHP) - Isle of Wight - £37,050 per annum
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
We are currently looking for an experienced Approved Mental Health Practitioner (AHMP) based in Isle of Wight.
The model of working on the Isle of Wight will be to also hold a small number of Mental Health cases and contribute to the 24-hour AMHP rota. This is an exciting time for the success candidate to join the service as they are at the start of future developments and would love you to be active with supporting the growth of the team and service they provide.
Due to the current working guidelines they have been able to open these roles up to include remote working. So while a full relocation to the Isle of Wight may not be required, applicants will need to be prepared to regularly visit the Island to complete Mental Health Act Assessments across the Island.
Benefits of this Approved Mental Health Practitioner (AHMP) role include:
* £37,050 per annum
* Flexible working option
* 9 day per fortnight working
* Additional Standby Duty: Extra £85 per on call shift
* Learning and development opportunities
* Regular quality supervision
* Regular training
Responsibilities of this Approved Mental Health Practitioner (AHMP) role include:
* Liaise with partners and stakeholders, such as health colleagues and the police.
* Have a substantial working knowledge of all relevant Mental Health Act and Social Care legislation and Codes of Practice.
* Work in partnership with stakeholders and other agencies to ensure the service users in greatest need are appropriately supported and made safe whilst maintaining their rights.
* Providing prompt support to meet immediate risks and needs in crisis situations.
* Providing targeted, appropriate support to citizens' self-assessments of their needs, working in partnership with colleagues in health and other partner agencies to contribute to multi-disciplinary assessments as required.
* Ensuring that concerns and complaints are responded to and are addressed by making appropriate changes to existing practices.
* Coordinate and undertake Mental Health Act assessments in a variety of settings, including hospital and community settings.
Requirements as an Approved Mental Health Practitioner (AHMP) include:
* Social Work England registration
* AHMP qualification
* Eligibility to work in the UK
* A full UK licence
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
* Enhanced DBS for adults and children
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org