Social Worker - Connected Carers/Fostering Team - Stockton - £27 per hour
We are currently looking for a Social Worker to join a Connected Carers/Fostering Team in Stockton. The successful Social Worker will be undertaking full fostering assessments of connected person foster carers. As a Social Worker, you will provide preparation, supervision, and support to connected person foster carers.
Agency Social Workers are to join the team for a minimum of 3 months to assist with suitability to foster assessments (connected persons and mainstream), supervision and other child placement casework. Candidates should have experience of undertaking prospective foster carer assessments within an appropriate timescale, supervision of foster carers and training.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Supportive team environment
* Flexible and home working considered
* Free access to our in-house training facilities
* Free on-site office car parking although mostly remote working
Duties of this Social Worker role:
* Prepare, support and assess prospective and temporary approved connected person foster carers.
* Work with others, both within and outside the Department to make suitable and safe arrangements to place children and young people within a framework of assessment, care planning and review.
* Maintenance of records and administrative system as required by the Department.
* Identify the support needs of the connected carer and contribute to the longer term placement planning.
* To be available to present completed Prospective Foster Carer Assessment Report to Stockton Borough Council's fostering panel and provide support to the applicants through this process.
* To liaise with the child's social worker and attend relevant meetings and court hearings.
* Ensuring that statutory and departmental policy requirements are complied with in all aspect of the work.
* To feedback to the Team Manager any difficulties in relation to the effective provision of services and/or policies.
* To be available for supervision, consultation or liaison as required.
* This position will require staff to work flexibly outside the normal office hours and sometimes outside of the Stockton Borough Council area.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.