Social Worker - Fostering Service - Swindon - £32,231 - £36,476 per annum
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Social Worker to join our clients experienced and successful team that is reflective and creative in practice. Working collaboratively with all stakeholders you will strive to ensure that the children and young people in their care reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will be a social care professionals with extensive knowledge of fostering legislation and practice issues who will be able to continue to deliver the same high standards of service.
Our clients quality of services has significantly improved over the last 12 months but they are not complacent and their transformation journey will continue, to ensure children receive a consistently good service every day. That means that they are continuing to heavily invest in their Children's Services teams & in you- through a reduction in caseloads and fostering a culture of learning and challenge, to include the launch of their Social Care & Leadership academy, giving you opportunities and support to develop your career.
Your aspirations should be limitless and you will be as determined and passionate about Children's Services as they are.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* £3000 "golden hello" payment after 1 years' service
* Retention payments of £2000 after completing 2 years' service and a further £2000 after 3 years' service
* Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (eligibility criteria)
* Competitive salaries
* Free car parking at our central Swindon campus
* A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
* 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 31 days after 10 years' service
* Leisure and Legal Services discounts
* Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
* "Happy to talk Flexible working"
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* Support the organisation in ensuring that the service is run in line with the Government Legislation, Regulations and Standards.
* Represent Swindon Borough Council's Fostering Vision and Values, whilst developing and providing a comprehensive and flexible social work service to all stakeholders.
* Make objective professional assessments of children or young people.
* Be a strong team player and be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the Immigration Act - for the effective performance of a customer-facing role)
* Experience of foster care practice including the assessment of potential foster caeers or supervision of foster carers
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org