Social Work Team Manager - Future First Care Leavers Service - Wandsworth - up to £53,115 per annum
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Closing date: 11:59pm on Sunday 4th April 2021
Shortlisting date: Week commencing 5th April 2021
Interview date: Week commencing 12th April 2021
We are currently looking for a highly experienced Team Manager (social work qualified) to manage a Future First Care Leavers Service in Wandsworth. The successful candidate must have experience of managing a team working with Looked After Children and Care Leavers.
The successful Team Manager must be a motivated innovator who is committed to anti-discriminatory practice and who has experience managing challenging adolescent behaviours.
Benefits Social Work Team Manager role:
* Performance Related Salary Progression scheme
* 31 days annual leave
* Free Parking
* Pension Scheme
* Childcare vouchers,
* New technology scheme
* Interest-free loans on annual travel cards
* Discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops, and other establishments.
* A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
What does the Future First Care Leavers Team do?
* Supports young people aged 16-25 who have been in the care of Wandsworth Borough Council, under the Leaving Care Act 2000
* Supports young people to build stable and successful independent adult lives by supporting them to access housing, education/employment, health, leisure activities, stable relationships, and support networks.
* They also support them to achieve financial stability
* Work with over 440 young people in a team which includes over 30 staff members. They are a vibrant and enthusiastic team looking for new people to join us! This year over 13% of their Young People went to University
Essential requirements of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* You must have 2+ years' experience supervising staff in a management role
* Social Work qualified with valid Social Work England registration
* That you are motivated innovator who is committed to anti-discriminatory practice and who has experience managing challenging adolescent behaviours
* You must have strong assessment and report writing skills and must have experience of working with Safeguarding and Child Protection procedures.
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org