Social Worker - Assessment and Safeguarding - Swindon - Up to £42,635 per annum
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join an Assessment and Safeguarding Team based in Swindon.
Like all other local authorities they are experiencing an increase in demand. As an organisation they know their Children's Services have not been good enough in recent years which is why last year they started making big changes across the service to provide the best care for children and great conditions for their staff.
This started with them recruiting an entirely new leadership team of experienced, forward thinking managers who are driving changes in the service and they aim to be one of the best Children's Services in the country.
Your aspirations should be limitless and you will be as determined and passionate about Children's Services as they are. As a local authority they will continuously drive forward improvements in their services and they want their Social Workers to be part of their transformation, contribute to improving the safeguarding of their children, and they will make sure you have the full support network and training to do it.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* £3000 "golden hello" payment after 1 years' service
* Retention payments of £2000 after completing 2 years' service and a further £2000 after 3 years' service
* Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (eligibility criteria)
* Competitive salaries
* Free car parking at our central Swindon campus
* A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
* 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 31 days after 10 years' service
* Leisure and Legal Services discounts
* Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
* Flexible working
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* Home visits
* Collaboratively working with professionals, practitioners and other agencies
* Statutory Assessment
* S47 enquires
* Initial Children Protection Conference
* Looked after Children first review
* Initial Court Statement
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org