Social Worker - Looked After Children - Northampton - £36,597 per annum
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join a Looked After Children Team based in Northampton.
The successful candidate will deliver and provide social work services, at a level appropriate for a professionally qualified post, to young people and families to ensure the welfare of children and young people is safeguarded and they are protected in accordance with the legal and statutory obligations.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* Excellent salary
* Manageable cases loads
* High quality professional supervision
* A bespoke induction package
* Family friendly and flexible working arrangements
* Up to £8000 relocation package
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* A generous annual leave entitlement
* Option to buy 5 weeks additional annual leave
* Defined career progression and pathway opportunities
* £4000 recruitment bonus
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers.
* Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
* Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
* Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
* Be familiar with local resource networks and undertake capacity building with individuals, families, communities, user groups and voluntary organisations.
* Write high quality reports as required and where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
* Responsible for a caseload of more complex cases, providing advice to other social workers in relation to their cases.
* Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org