SEN Caseworker - London Borough of Lewisham - £26.30 per hour
We are currently looking for an experienced SEN Caseworker to join a Children with Complex Needs Service in Lewisham. The successful SEN Caseworker will be responsible for assessing and reviewing the special educational needs of Lewisham pupils including the shared supervision and development of staff to understand SEN within the service.
They require an SEN Caseworker with proven experience of working with children and families in an education setting, and undertaking assessments, maintaining records, and producing detailed reports.
The benefits of this Sen Caseworker role:
* £26.30 per hour
* Supportive team and management
* Relevant training and development
Duties as a SEN Caseworker:
* To be responsible for assessing and monitoring the special educational needs of Lewisham pupils.
* To meet with parents, advocates, and professional agencies at a range of locations to represent the LEA and to negotiate appropriate provision to meet children's needs.
* To work with parents in assessing and monitoring statements of special educational need/ Education, Health and Social Care Plans, encouraging, participation and engagement in processes.
* To share responsibility for the supervision and development of including the shared supervision and development of staff to understand SEN within the service.
* To brief the SEN assessment manager and panel members on proposed pupil placements, costs, and travel assistance implications.
* To process applications for assisted transport, make arrangements and resolve any issues for pupils with special educational need.
* To issue revised drafts, final or revised final statements of special educational needs/ Education, Health and Care Plans following the decisions of the SEN panel.
* To represent the LA at annual reviews as necessary, and to contribute to the formal process by providing schools, parents and professionals with advice.
* To ensure that all reviews of statements are carried by schools annually and that the procedures adopted by schools are in line with Lewisham policy on SEN and meet statutory obligations.
* To liaise with the admissions team to ensure that the SEN Team has access to up to date information about vacancies in schools and specialist units.
* To liaise closely with the Education Welfare Service to ensure that it is
Essential requirements of this SEN Caseworker role:
* Knowledge of Education and SEN law and processes
* Understanding of areas of SEN and ability to relate this to Lewisham's Equal Opportunities policies
* Knowledge and understanding of IT Systems using databases -Excel/Word
* Proven experience of working with children and families in an education setting
* Experience of effectively relating to children with special educational needs and disabilities and to further their development
* Experience of working independently in managing a caseload and to take individual responsibility for work done
* Must be able to work within flexible hours to suit the needs of the service
* The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.