SEND Senior Casework Officer - West Yorkshire - Up to £275 per day
Working hours: x5 days
We are currently looking for an experienced SEND Casework Officer to join a fantastic team in West Yorkshire, covering MAT leave until September.
The successful SEND Casework Officer will deal with an agreed caseload in relation to the statutory processes and procedures under the Children and Families Act 2014 and SEND Code of Practice 2015. You will work positively with parents, schools, and other agencies and professionals in accordance with the Council's policy and budgetary framework requirements.
The benefits of this SEND Senior Casework Officer:
* Up to £275 per day
* Supportive and friendly team and management
* Relevant training and development opportunities
Duties as a SEND Senior Casework Officer:
* To draft accurate and concise EHCPs within the specified statutory timescales based on the written advice provided
* To scrutinise and quality assure annual reviews of EHCPs in a timely manner providing clear, written feedback to schools; to attend annual reviews where necessary including schools out of Bradford
* Under the supervision of the Team Manager, 0-25 Integrated Assessment, to prepare and present cases to the EHC Panel regarding placement and support for pupils with SEND and promote inclusion in the educational setting, through liaison with schools, other LAs and parents as necessary
* To prepare individual cases and present them as the representative of Bradford Council at the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal undertaking training where necessary
* To work in partnership with parents in relation to individual pupil cases, to offer a listening ear, showing empathy and support at all times; to liaise with the Parent Partnership Service and the local Mediation Service where necessary to support a solution focussed approach to resolving casework
* In the course of casework, to develop positive professional relationships with all the schools/settings that you come into contact with in respect of SEND processes, ensuring schools/settings are fully compliant with their duties and to signpost them where necessary to other relevant practitioners
* To work collaboratively with a range of professional colleagues within Bradford Council, and Casework Officers across the 0-25 Integrated Assessment Team as well as partners from other agencies such as health and social care to ensure that EHCPs and annual reviews are fully compliant
* From time to time, to assist in the planning or provision of training/support for parents or a range of professionals both within Children's Services and in outside agencies in relation to SEND processes
* To ensure that appropriate and timely responses are made to requests for information and reports from a variety of sources
Essential requirements of this SEND Senior Casework Officer role:
* Good attention to detail
* Experience of working in the field of education including SEND either:
working directly with pupils in schools; or working in an administrative role in a local authority.
* Experience of working with other agencies
* To have knowledge and practical understanding of working with the SEND Code of Practice and EHCP process
* Significant experience of child development
* Understanding of issues relating to identification, assessment, and provision for SEND as set out in the SEND Code of Practice
* A qualification specific to SEND would be an advantage
* Excellent communication skills
* The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.