Social Worker - Adoption - Wigan - £30 per hour
Wigan are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, highly motivated Social Worker to join their Adoption Team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a Regional Adoption Agency hosted by Wigan Borough Council, which provides adoption services across Cheshire West and Chester, Halton, St Helens, Warrington, and Wigan Borough Council footprints.
The successful Social Worker will work directly with adoptive families throughout their journey to adoption. In addition, the successful applicant will contribute by supporting and promoting the development of the service and maintaining a high standard of professional practice.
You will work directly with adopters throughout the assessment process. This will include attending recruitment campaigns, providing a duty system, delivering Information sessions, preparation groups for adopters and additional training programmes as required. As a Social Worker, you will be engaging in the Initial and comprehensive assessments of adopters and supporting them through the matching process, placement of child/ren until the adoption order is granted.
You will represent the service in permanence planning meetings and give advice and guidance on achieving permanence for children. You will also build strong working relationships with Locality teams and with partner agencies to best represent the Regional Adoption Agency and children who have adoption plans.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Effective induction with four dimensions
* Excellent rate of pay
* Reflective Supervision and Relationship-based group supervision
* Long term contracts available
* Clearly defined Practice Standards and Managers Standards
* Effective and supportive management
* The right technology to undertake your role
* Efficient 'work-life balance' is encouraged
The ideal Social Worker will have experience of:
* Adoption assessments
* Special guardianship assessments
* Taking cases to panel
* Family finding
* Assessing prospective carers
* Writing reports
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England Registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
* A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.