Children's Casework Officer - Leeds - £30.12 - £33 per hour
Working hours: 37 hours per week
Normal office hours are 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday - Thursday and 8.30am - 4:30pm on a Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be necessary on occasion
We are currently looking for a Children's Casework Officer, to join a fantastic team in Leeds, Yorkshire.
The successful Children's Casework Officer will be focusing on children and young people's outcomes. The role will involve the management of SEN/LDD casework and the effective administration of the procedures relating to the assessment, (including statutory assessment), of children with special educational needs currently determined by the Children and Families Act 2014 and where still relevant Part 4 and relevant sections of the Education Act 1996.
The benefits of this Children's Casework Officer role:
* £30.12 - £33 per hour
* Relevant training and development opportunities
* Career development opportunities
* Supportive team and management
* Stable team
Duties and responsibilities as a Children's Casework Officer:
* EHC Needs Assessment and the statutory SEN framework
* To be the named officer for a locality of the city placing children with complex needs at the heart of all that we do and providing a joined-up approach to working with other services to ensure that children and young people have a holistic assessment.
* Working with parents or where relevant young people aged between 0 - 25 to support and advise them as their children are undergoing an EHC needs assessment or related assessment process in order that they fully understand their rights, and are empowered to express their views regarding the education of their children.
* To oversee and implement the administration of the statutory EHC needs assessment procedures of the Children and Families Act Part 3, including Referral, Assessment, Statement and Annual Review and advise and respond appropriately on behalf of the Local Authority to its legal statutory implications.
* To be able to move to the new legal framework set out in the Children and Families Act.
* To liaise, advise and maintain close contact with those professionals involved in the EHC needs assessment process (Schools, Educational Psychologists, Health Authorities, Social Care etc.) and to advise them on the progress of individual children.
* To write a proposed Education Health and Care Plan for circulation following the completion of the assessment process. To issue a Final Education Health and Care Plans following appropriate discussions.
* To monitor children's progress through Annual Reviews and to respond to reviews in line with the legal timeframe.
* To organise, chair and review progress of children with statements or EHC plans where parents are educating children otherwise than at school.
* To represent Children's Services in the statutory annual review process as and when required.
Essential requirements of Children's Casework Officer role:
* Relevant degree and/or equivalent professional qualification such as social work, youth work, education welfare or teaching or a proven track record in a similar post
* Have the ability to maintain effective relationships with staff at all levels within Children's Services, other Council Directorates, Elected Members, external agencies, and the general public
* Previous experience as a Casework Officer
* The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.