Social Worker - Locality Team - Swindon - £32,231 - £42,635 per annum
We are currently looking for an experienced Social Worker to join a Locality Team based in Swindon.
Our clients quality of services has significantly improved over the last 12 months but they are not complacent and their transformation journey will continue, to ensure children receive a consistently good service every day.
That means that they are continuing to heavily invest in our Children's Services teams & in you- through a reduction in caseloads and fostering a culture of learning and challenge, to include the launch of our Social Care & Leadership academy, giving you opportunities and support to develop your career.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* £3000 "golden hello" payment after 1 years' service
* Retention payments of £2000 after completing 2 years' service and a further £2000 after 3 years' service
* Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (eligibility criteria)
* Competitive salaries
* Free car parking at our central Swindon campus
* A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
* 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 31 days after 10 years' service
* Leisure and Legal Services discounts
* Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
* "Happy to talk Flexible working"
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* Take referrals as required and collate evidence to support appropriate allocation and signposting.
* Provide professional assessment and intervention as required for service users with complex needs, this will include consideration of Mental Capacity.
* Liaise with the Senior Practitioner to ensure defensible decision making is undertaken.
* Work collaboratively with people who have complex needs to formulate support plans that maximise abilities, enable individuals to make choices and to work towards their identified goals.
* Provide a first point of contact regarding Safeguarding enquiries and referrals from the general public, internal and external agencies.
* Utilise professional knowledge to undertake initial enquiries and screening in line with legislation and national and local
* Undertake responsibilities in relation to completing safeguarding enquiries under the guidance of the allocated Safeguarding Enquiry Manager.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Passionate about Children's Services
* Fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the Immigration Act - for the effective performance of a customer-facing role).
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org