Social Worker - Leaving Care Team - Swindon - £32,231 - £42,635 per annum
We are looking for a highly qualified Social Worker to join a Leaving Care Team based in Swindon.
Our clients quality of services has significantly improved over the last 12 months but they are not complacent and their transformation journey will continue, to ensure children receive a consistently good service every day.
That means that they are continuing to heavily invest in our Children's Services teams & in you- through a reduction in caseloads and fostering a culture of learning and challenge, to include the launch of our Social Care & Leadership academy, giving you opportunities and support to develop your career.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* £3000 "golden hello" payment after 1 years' service
* Retention payments of £2000 after completing 2 years' service and a further £2000 after 3 years' service
* Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (eligibility criteria)
* Competitive salaries
* Free car parking at our central Swindon campus
* A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
* 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 31 days after 10 years' service
* Leisure and Legal Services discounts
* Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
* "Happy to talk Flexible working"
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* Supporting all looked after children and young people to meet their full educational potential and to promote their health including their mental health.
* Safeguard and promote the child's well-being.
* Working with looked after children moving into independence, completing pathway assessments and plans and supporting young people with practical skills, access to training and education.
* Completing pathway plans.
* Promoting independent living skills for people aged between 16 - 21 years leaving care, which involves achieving appropriate accommodation, training, education and employment.
* Managing a high caseload.
* Statutory reviews.
* Employment assessments.
* Duty work.
* Managing the leaving care grant.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Passionate about Children's Services
* Fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the Immigration Act - for the effective performance of a customer-facing role).
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org