Social Worker - Care Leavers Team - South Gloucestershire Council - £35 per hour
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join the Care Leavers Team for South Gloucestershire Council.
The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of care and pathway planning and be experienced in supporting cared for children to make the transition to adult life. For this role, cases will be exclusively 16-17-year-old Looked After Children.
Benefits as a Care Leavers Social Worker include:
* Inclusive authority for agency workers
* 9-day fortnights available
* Access to the same training as permanent workers
* Remote working
Duties as a Care Leavers Social Worker include:
* Investigate complaints of neglect and ill-treatment of children.
* Provision of accommodation.
* Receive children committed to the care of the Authority and use Child Assessment and Emergency Protection Orders.
* Accept responsibility for and supervision of children in care and set up reviews of such cases at defined intervals.
* Undertaken investigations into prospective family, friends and foster parents and supervise fostering arrangements in both private and Local Authority approved cases
* Give evidence in the Courts in care and other proceedings which the Authority may institute, including the presentation of reports.
* To act in accordance with the priority and policies of the Children's Division and Department.
* Liaison with other agencies and organisations in line with the responsibility outlined above, to fulfil the provisions of a social work service.
* To provide an access to service for client groups other than Children, Young People and Families.
* Participate in the provision of training throughout the Department.
* Act as a member of a Professional Development Group or s Service Planning Group.
Requirements as a Care Leavers Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.