Social Worker - Locality Team - Manchester (Longsight) - £35 per hour
An experienced Social Worker is required to join Manchester's Locality Team, based in their Longsight office. This is an excellent opportunity to put your previous experience to good use whilst being surrounded by a strong supportive network of experienced social workers and managers.
As a Social Worker, you will be provided with a comprehensive induction, training, help and advice to enable you to reach your full potential.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Effective induction
* Excellent rate of pay
* Reflective Supervision
* Long term contracts available
* Clearly defined Practice Standards and Managers Standards
* Effective and supportive management
* The right technology to undertake your role
* Efficient 'work-life balance' is encouraged
* Flexible/Remote Working
Duties of this Social Work role:
* To carry a complex mixed caseload of children in a variety of circumstances. (CIN/CP/LAC)
* To aim to achieve good outcomes for children and their families.
* To assess children and their families; to devise plans which address identified needs.
* Assess and manage risk utilising an evidence-based approach.
* To monitor, review and update plans effectively.
* To use social work tools, practice, and research to underpin interventions
* To promote children and young people remaining with their birth families or identified carers, by preventing family breakdown or reuniting children or young people separated from their family due to temporary crisis.
* To work directly with children, young people, and their families at the point of crisis, ensuring the welfare of the child is always prioritised.
* To establish and maintain effective working relationships with individual service users, groups, families and multi-agency partners.
* To understand and apply the locally agreed thresholds for intervention, stepping cases 'up' and 'down' as appropriate.
* To case manage and record in accordance with statutory agency requirements.
* To use ICT systems competently and effectively.
* To offer coaching and mentoring to less experienced colleagues as required.
* To model and share good practice within the team.
* To participate in identified projects/initiatives/training in line with practice improvement agenda.
* To be proactive, taking responsibility for individual CPD.
* To follow the standards as recommended by the social work regulator in relation to standards, performance, and ethics.
* To participate in the office duty system as required.
* Other duties appropriate to the nature, level and grade of the post.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work qualified, with a Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes