Child Protection Chair / Coordinator - Sheffield - £40 per hour
We are looking for a full-time, Social Work qualified Child Protection Chair / Coordinator to join our client in Sheffield. The successful candidate will ideally start immediately, working from home chair conferences using Zoom or MS Teams.
The successful Child Protection Chair / Coordinator must have significant experience in safeguarding and child protection and multi-agency working, and must have the ability to formulate child protection plans with young people and assess risk factors. You must also understand different cultures and lifestyles.
Experience of transition planning is preferred for this role.
Benefits of this Child Protection Chair / Coordinator role:
* Stable authority
* Regular supervision
* Home working
* Flexible working hours
Duties of this Child Protection Chair / Coordinator role:
* All duties and responsibilities should be carried out in accordance with agreed Council policy and procedure, in particular the Council policies on Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety.
* Working within Child Protection Procedures to offer a consultative and advice service to practitioners and managers and to other agencies.
* On behalf Director of Children's Services undertake the chairing of child protection conferences.
* To ensure that effective child protection plans are in place and reviewed at required intervals
* To attend and advise at, and, as necessary, chair child protection strategy meetings.
* To undertake quality assurance - monitor performance, provide feedback, and contribute to the development of practice standards, including compliance with statutory, regulatory and procedural frameworks.
* To contribute to the maintenance and analysis of statistical and other data for the purposes of management oversight and performance reporting.
* To liaise with other Co-ordinators to ensure directorate consistency.
* In consultation with the Service Manager CP and Team Managers, develop new initiatives and practice skills which will effect improvements in services to children in need of protection and their families.
* To assist, support, contribute to Serious Case Review, case review, audit, and complaint processes.
* To assist in the co-ordination of departmental responses to complex, network or multiple abuse cases
* To help identify staff training needs and, in consultation with child protection training officers, contribute to the design and delivery of training; to be involved in the assessment of staff competence in line with directorate developments in post qualifying training in child protection.
Essential requirements of this Child Protection Chair / Coordinator role:
* Social Work England registration
* Social Worker qualified
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Extensive post qualification experience in Children and Families Work in a Local Authority
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.