Safeguarding Manager - Children's Services - Milton Keynes - £34 per hour
We have an exciting new opportunity available in Milton Keynes for an experienced Safeguarding Manager to work in a Children's Safeguarding Team.
The aim of the role is to positively contribute to the safeguarding and welfare of children in this unique environment, ensuring the action we take to promote the welfare of children, protects them from harm, making defensible not defensive decisions and taking action to enable all children to have the best possible outcomes.
Benefits as a Children's Safeguarding Manager:
* Training to become a manager
* Non-stat position
* Massive support from Senior Management
* Competitive pay rates
Beneficial experience as a Children's Safeguarding Manager:
* Child Protection
* Criminal Justice
* Experience of assessment of suitability of adults to work/care for children
* Awareness of contextual safeguarding concerns e.g CCE/CSE
* Training Delivery
* Any form of data analysis
Key Responsibilities as a Children's Safeguarding Manager:
* Promote the safeguarding of children, acting as the Social Work Safeguarding lead for the centre and ensuring that a stable and secure environment is provided for all children.
* Develop and maintain external links with safeguarding teams (including those within other custodial establishments), bringing community expertise into the strategy of the centre.
* Support and develop staff undertaking Social Work Training.
* Support student social workers completing placements at Oakhill STC.
* To ensure that all staff understand the expectation that everyone is responsible for contributing to keeping children safe, supporting the prevention of harm and promoting well-being.
* To effectively conduct robust investigations of all child protection concerns raised by children, their families, colleagues and/or external parties/professionals to legislative and best practice requirements. It is expected that the post holder will conduct evidence based investigations and be empathetic towards the needs of our children and staff concerned.
* Qualified as a Social Worker
* Previous experience working as a Social Worker
* Previous Child Protection experience
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Registered with Social Work England
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.