Educational Psychologist - Wokingham - £396.33 per day (Inside IR35)
Hours per week: 37
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Educational Psychologist to join a fantastic team in Wokingham. The successful Educational Psychologist will contribute to the work of the Educational Psychology Service in the provision of psychological services and advice to children, young people and their families.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Educational Psychologist support the Local Authority in its duty to provide appropriate services for children and young people, in accordance with current legislation.
Under current COVID related restrictions this actions and responsibilities of this post will be delivered via a mixture of face to face intervention and assessment and remote working.
The benefits of this Educational Psychologist role:
* £396.33 per day
* Relevant training and development
* Stable team
Main duties as an Educational Psychologist:
* Ensure the delivery of educational psychology services and interventions that are based on sound research and evidence with regards to:
* Statutory work associated with Education Health and Care needs assessments and the requisite written work and attendance at meetings
* Non-statutory work associated with meeting the needs of children and young people with additional needs including mental health and well-being needs as identified by their educational setting.
* Developing interests in and offering a lead on aspects of educational psychology practice and service delivery.
* Providing psychological advice to a group of mainstream primary, secondary and special schools and specialist facilities
* Providing psychological advice and intervention to pre-school children that have been identified by health service or other colleagues and their parents
* Ensuring the voice and views of children and young people with whom we work is heard and acted upon when this is in their best interests
* Working in partnership with parent/carers, setting staff and in liaison with other involved professionals as part of the assessment and intervention process. (Assess/Plan/Do/Review)
* Maintaining up to date appropriate secure records on the children and young people who access the service
* Delivering high quality training to setting staff, stakeholders, other colleagues and parents on a range of psychological based topics relevant to supporting children and young people with additional needs including mental health and well-being needs
* To facilitate and disseminate good practice to support children and young people with additional needs including the successful transitions of children and young people that are known to the service into their next educational setting or employment
* To provide written evidence based reports on the specialist assessment that recommend outcomes and interventions deemed appropriate for the child or young person that is the subject of that psychological assessment
Essential requirements of this Educational Psychologist role:
* A doctorate in Educational psychology OR An Honours degree in Psychology or recognised equivalent, which entitles the holder to graduate membership of the British Psychological Society and HPC
* Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to enthuse and motivate others and develop effective partnerships
* Positive approach to people and situations and an ability to develop enthusiasm, resilience and optimism in others
* Able to establish, agree and review realistic objectives for self and others which contributes to the performance of children's services and its teams
* Able to support the professional development and develop the skills and understanding of others i.e. professional colleagues, parents and carers
* The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.