Practice Manager - Permanence Team - West Sussex - Up to £50,725 per annum
We are currently looking for a social work qualified Practice Manager to join a Permanence Team based in West Sussex.
Championing the ethos and vision of permanence for all children across the system, you will lead a team that interfaces with all parts of the service to assist system change, providing professional support and developing a performance framework to provide a safe learning environment to challenge our social work teams.
The successful candidate will be able to reflect on practice and learn from experience and feedback, taking responsibility for own performance and being proactive in relation to own work and professional development. Ability to challenge existing practices and identify innovative solutions within the required framework. Further to that the ability to interpret and manage political influences on social work practice and to work with peers and managers to address potential impacts.
To be considered for this post you should possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services, have extensive experience around permanence and have technical understanding of fostering to adopt, wider adoption processes, long term fostering and other permanence arrangements.
Benefits of this Practice Manager role include:
* Salary between £47,351 - £50,725 per annum
* Flexible working
* Excellent progression and development opportunities
* Generous Annual leave
* Range of discounts and vouchers
Responsibilities of this Practice Manager role include:
* Operational functioning and delivery of the team including monitoring and responding to set performance indicators relating to our permanence action plan as yourself and the team will report to the Permanence Oversight Board and Directorate Leadership Team.
* You will be the operational lead and Children's Social Care interface with our Regional Adoption Agency partners and work closely with colleagues from other local authorities on early permanence outcomes including fostering to adopt.
* You will have the opportunity to review processes and provide recommendations as to how they can be improved.
* You will oversee and manage the Adoption Decision Makers (ADM's) pathway in conjunction with other relevant managers and team members and offer professional advice to the ADM's.
Essential requirements of this Practice Manager role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Recognised post qualifying award in Social Work or demonstrable evidence of continuous professional development at a similar level
* Registered with Social Work England
* Experience in dealing with significant issues, for example management of complex child protection matters, staff under performance, managing resources to address team performance priorities through allocation of limited resources
* Evidence of developing, empowering and leading teams to achieve performance improvements and service developments
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Full UK driving licence
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org