Social Worker - Permanence - Wirral - £32 per hour
An experienced Children's Social Worker is required to join Wirral's Permanence Team. As a Social Worker, you will have the opportunity to put your previous experience to good use while you manage a diverse caseload. In return, you will be surrounded by a strong supportive network of experienced social workers and managers
As a Social Worker on the Permanence Team you will be responsible for children in care case load, completion of Education plans, looked after reviews, stat visits, drive for permanence and transition. The completion of Child and Family Assessments and Section 47 enquiries, including attendance at strategy meetings. Accordingly, Social Workers will be expected to prepare Initial Conference Reports and on occasions initiate proceedings and complete the Social Work Evidence Template.
Benefits as a Social Worker:
* Effective induction with four dimensions
* Excellent rate of pay
* Reflective Supervision and Relationship-based therapeutic group supervision
* Long term contracts available
* Clearly defined Practice Standards and Managers Standards
* Effective and supportive management
* The right technology to undertake your role including up to date mobile working solutions
* Efficient 'work-life balance' is encouraged
Key responsibilities as a Social Worker:
* Responsible for a caseload of more complex cases, providing advice to other social workers in relation to their cases.
* Provides casework supervision to other social workers in the team and may also supervise students, trainees, less experienced professional team members, support staff and volunteers.
* Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers.
* Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
* Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
* Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
* Write high quality reports as required and also where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
* Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative and evaluate their own and others practice.
* Be familiar with local resource networks and undertake capacity building with individuals, families, communities, user groups and voluntary organisations.
* Recognised by peers as a source of reliable knowledge and advise others.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England Registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
* A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.