Practice Manager - Permanence Team - West Sussex - up to £50,725 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for a Practice Manager to join the Permanence Team in West Sussex.
This is an exciting new role which has been created as part of our improvement journey to support children to achieve permanence with pace, purpose and within statutory timescales.
As the Practice Manager for Permanence, you will be responsible for the operational functioning and delivery of the team including monitoring and responding to set performance indicators relating to our permanence action plan as yourself and the team will report to the Permanence Oversight Board and Directorate Leadership Team.
Benefits as a Permanence Practice Manager include:
* Salary £47,351 - £50,725
* Flexible working
* Excellent progression and development opportunities
* Generous Annual leave
* Range of discounts and vouchers
Duties as a Permanence Practice Manager include:
* Leading a team that interfaces with all parts of the service to assist system change, providing professional support and developing a performance framework to provide a safe learning environment.
* Ability to provide comprehensive professional advice and support within the service specialism, including tackling difficult problems of a technical, professional, resource or people related nature.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence the actions of others and communicate information which may be complex and contentious. This will include the ability to develop effective long-term relationships both with other teams across WSCC and external partners enabling the achievement of high-quality outcomes.
* Ability to make sound pragmatic problem-solving decisions.
* Effective people and performance management skills and the ability to provide direction and motivate and inspire the team to deliver quality professional practice.
* Ability to use data to identify and address performance challenges, manage throughput of work, and manage team performance.
* Understands the need for emotional intelligence/resilience, specifically in relation to risk, ensuring that there is a positive balance between perceived risk and protection from harm where necessary.
* Able to reflect on practice and learn from experience and feedback, taking responsibility for own performance and being proactive in relation to own work and professional development.
* Ability to challenge existing practices and identify innovative solutions within the required framework, further to that the ability to interpret and manage political influences on social work practice and to work with peers and managers to address potential impacts.
To be considered for this post you should possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services, have extensive experience around permanence and have technical understanding of fostering to adopt, wider adoption processes, long term fostering and other permanence arrangements.
Requirements as a Permanence Practice Manager include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org