Independent Reviewing Officer - Children's Services - Stockton-on-Tees - £33.60 per hour
An experienced Independent Reviewing Officer (Social Work qualified) is required to chair Child Protection Conferences and Looked After Reviews for those children who have been identified, or those children who are likely to be identified, as needing a permanent family placement other than with their birth parents.
Benefits of this Independent Reviewing Officer role:
* Fully home working
* Supportive team and management
* Long term contract
Duties of this Independent Reviewing Officer role:
* To fulfil all of the responsibilities and duties of an Independent Reviewing Officer, as specified in the Care Planning, Placement and Case Review Regulations and Independent Reviewing Officer Handbook (Statutory Guidance for Looked After Children), in particular to chair Looked After Reviews for children who have been identified as needing permanence through adoption and Looked After Reviews and for those children for whom permanence other than in the care of their parents may been needed.
* To chair Child Protection Conferences, Secure Accommodation Reviews, Disruption Meetings, and Decision Sharing Conferences.
* To ensure that adequate safeguarding arrangements are in place to promote the welfare and health of children, young people and adults who are users of the service.
* To promote the involvement and participation of children and young people, parents and carers in planning and decision making.
* To ensure well-crafted and accurate records of meetings are produced and distributed efficiently and in timescale.
* To assist in the development of quality assurance and performance management arrangements within the Children's Services Directorate.
* To undertake independent quality assurance audits of frontline social work practice and residential care.
* To carry out audit and reviews of practice and outcomes for service users and contribute to service development
Essential requirements of this Independent Reviewing Officer role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.