Social Worker - MASH Team - Wakefield - £32 per hour
An opportunity has arisen within the MASH Team in Wakefield Council for a full-time experienced Social Worker.
MASH is the Front door into Children Services, and the role is to undertake daily multi agency DV screening and triage, receive and undertake enquiries and apply a threshold to safeguarding referrals, speak directly to family members and other professionals, and progress to the appropriate service within timescales. The post is utilising signs of safety and is based within a large stable multi agency team.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Combination of office and home based
* Good location and great team
* £32 per hour pay rate
* Relevant training and development opportunities
Duties of this Social Worker role:
* To provide a high quality and comprehensive social work service to children and young people,
* their families and carers in line with the policies and procedures of the Children and Young
* People's Directorate and within regulatory and statutory guidelines, the Knowledge and Skills
* Statement for Child and Family Work and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
* Code of Practice.
* To contribute to a wide range of statutory social work activities and carry out professional social
* work tasks in accordance with recognised social work procedures, Signs of Safety, evidence
* based practice and professional social work ethics.
* This is an experienced social worker role with specific responsibilities for managing a caseload
* of higher levels of complexity. This will include assessment of needs and the management of
* risk regarding children, young people, their families and carers.
* Senior social workers will be expected to maintain and update case notes and other records,
* write reports as required and give evidence in court in relation to care or other proceedings.
* They will be expected to provide casework advice, support and guidance to other team
* members and contribute to the planning and developing of future services and policies, whilst
* promoting innovative ways of developing support to service users. The role will include the
* supervising of students and the development of the practice learning setting, including providing
* support and guidance to newly qualified social workers within the team as required.
* Undertaking daily multi agency screening and triage
* Receive and undertake enquiries on and apply a threshold to safeguarding referrals
* Speak directly to family members and other professionals and provide an outcome to the appropriate service within timescales.
* Be part of the rota for a multi-agency MASH where you'll be required to undertake appropriate checks
* Utilising signs of safety within a large stable multi agency team
* Assessing risks whilst reflecting risk and vulnerabilities
* Apply a strengths-based approach and demonstrate understanding of legal frameworks, with good report writing skills whilst working under pressure
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence- preferred
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.