Social Worker - Looked after Children - Dorset - £35 per hour
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Social Worker to join the Looked After Children Team in Dorset.
The successful Social Worker will be carrying a caseload of looked after children and also be responsible for undertaking investigations, carrying out statutory work, court work, and engaging with service users.
Benefits as a Looked After Children Social Worker include:
* Supportive Management team
* Inclusive of agency workers
* Rare opportunity for a position in a stable service
* Flexible working potential with a condensed week
* Remote working or office space available if preferred
Duties as a Looked After Children Social Worker include:
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers.
* Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative and evaluate their own and others practice.
* Responsible for a caseload of more complex cases, providing advice to other social workers in relation to their cases.
* Provides casework supervision to other social workers in the team and may also supervise students, trainees, less experienced professional team members, support staff and volunteers.
* Write high quality reports as required and where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
* Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
* Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
* Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
* Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
Requirements as a Looked After Children Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Post-qualified experience
* Eligibility to work in the UK
* A full UK licence
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.