Assistant Team Manager - Social Workers in School - Swindon - £47,016 per annum
We are currently looking for an experienced social work qualified Assistant Team Manager to join a Social Workers in School Team based in Swindon.
Swindon Children's Services have been granted funding to embed 8 experienced social workers into 8 secondary schools for one academic year supported by a team manager and now expanding to include an Assistant Team Manager. As an assistant team manager within the Social Workers in Schools team you will assist in the line management of the 8 social workers based in individual schools.
The Social Workers in Schools Project provides a unique opportunity to promote better inter-agency working between schools and the children's social care system.
Benefits of this Assistant Team Manager role include:
* £3000 "golden hello" payment after 1 years' service
* Retention payments of £2000 after completing 2 years' service and a further £2000 after 3 years' service
* Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (eligibility criteria)
* Competitive salaries
* Free car parking at central Swindon campus
* A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
* 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 31 days after 10 years' service
* Leisure and Legal Services discounts
* Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
* Flexible working
Responsibilities of this Assistant Team Manager role include:
* Help reduce referral rates to children's social care, to enhance school's response to safeguarding issues, increase collaboration between social workers, school staff and parents, to improve educational attainment and improve relationships between the social worker and young people.
* Contribute to improving the safeguarding of children.
* Build relationships with children, young people and families and undertake work that would otherwise not be possible, taking children's cases from initial referral and assessment through to long term work if that is required.
Essential requirements of this Assistant Team Manager role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org