Social Worker - Young Adults with Disabilities 16-25 Team - South Gloucestershire - Up to £40,876 + £3,000 bonus
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join a Young Adults with Disabilities 16-25 Team based in South Gloucestershire. The 16-25 Social Care Team sits within the wider 0-25 disability social care service and has direct link to the children's social care, pathway to adult's team, and the wider adult social care teams.
Our client understands that this may be different to other Social Worker roles you have held and if there are elements of the position which you need to learn about; they provide lots of training opportunities and will spend time investing in you and your passion for working with young people.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* Generous salary
* £3,000 welcome payment
* Money off weekly shops
* Discounted high street vouchers across loads of reputable brands
* Child Care Vouchers
* Local Government Pension Contributions
* Generous Annual Leave
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* Assessment of both capacity and care needs
* Ensure all service users have a smooth and well planned transition from children's social care and onwards at aged 25 to the wider adult social care teams and access to the relevant support and services to enable them to reach their full potential
* Develop both short and long term plans for young adults with disabilities
* Use a 3 conversations approach to ensure that the social, health and welfare needs of adults in South Gloucestershire are met in line with departmental strategic objectives
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* You will be a qualified social worker with relevant Social Work England registration to practice and a good understanding of asset and strengths based approaches to social work.
* You will have already completed an ASYE if qualified from 2012 onward.
* You will demonstrate knowledge of the relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice, processes and procedures.
* You will have a proven ability to supervise and allocate work to others, monitoring their performance and taking corrective action.
* You will have well developed interpersonal and communication skills to build relationships and engage successfully with colleagues and service users.
* Eligible to work in the UK.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org