Social Work Team Manager - Senior Fieldwork Manager - Sheffield - £40 per hour
We are looking for a Senior Fieldwork Manager (must be social work qualified) to manage a team of 7 Social Workers at Sheffield City Council, who work in statutory fieldwork services in the East and the North of the city.
Applicants must have significant management experience including performance management of casework and court proceedings. Caseloads hover around 18-20 for social workers and up to 16 for ASYE's. Sheffield City Council are currently working part office and part from home so the manager would be required to be in the office on a duty week.
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Stable authority
* Regular supervision
* Combination of office and home working available
* Flexible working hours
Duties of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Contributing to service improvements and developments within an agreed work plan linked to the Children and Families fieldwork service plan.
* Act as a lead within the team in the area of good practice, emerging research, case law and relevant policy changes and disseminating relevant information to service areas via worksite and team meetings/briefings.
* To monitor and take responsibility for the effectiveness of social care services for children and their family cases within your team ensuring case work is performed to the highest standards of practice for the most complex cases involving issues of significant harm and /or complex need ensuring positive outcomes are achieved.
* Ensure the recording of information throughout the process is both timely and accurate and serves to enhance the clients experience and provides accurate and timely information to ensure the Local Authority delivers all of its statutory responsibilities including child protection investigations conducted jointly with the Police and other multi agency partner organisations.
* To maintain public confidence and act as a representative of the Local Authority around contentious issues aligned to area of responsibility and in the resolution of escalated service user complaints and escalate issues to Service Manager if necessary.
* Be active in improving ongoing standards of service delivery across the service, utilising ICT systems for recording and quality monitoring. Develop quality monitoring and evaluation that directly includes user feedback and provide team reports to the Service Manager on individual team members performance and overall team performance.
* To recognise that the role forms part of a broader service provision, whereby the post holder will, on occasion, be expected to manage or support other teams or staff.
* Contribute to development of a range of statutory social work activities and oversee professional social work tasks in accordance with recognised social work procedures, evidence-based practice and professional social work ethics.
Essential requirements of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Social Work England registration
* Social Worker qualified
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Extensive experience in a children and families working environment
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.