Advanced Social Work Practitioner - Children with Disabilities - Sheffield - £35 per hour
We are currently looking for an Advanced Social Work Practitioner to join Sheffield's Children with Disabilities Team. The successful candidate must have significant experience in complex statutory casework including court proceedings and preferably with experience in the children with disabilities field.
You must be Social Work qualified and SWE registered and be able to hit the ground running. Offices are socially distanced at the moment so an office duty rota system is in place and IT equipment will be provided. Candidates must be able to work autonomously.
Benefits of this Advanced Social Work Practitioner role:
* Stable authority
* Regular supervision
* Home working on a rota basis
Duties of this Advanced Social Work Practitioner role:
* Manages a workload of the most complex cases which includes looked after children, child protection and assessment of carers. The caseload is dependent on:
* The complexity of cases
* The risk associated with cases
* The profile and potential publicity surrounding a case which will service to increase the pressure placed on the named Social Worker.
* In some instances where a case is of sufficient size, profile and risk it may be appropriate for an Advanced Practitioner to work solely on that case until completion.
* Manage a caseload of the most complex cases or a case of sufficient risk and profile to warrant an experienced worker to work solely on it.
* Co-work difficult cases with less experienced allocated workers. Act as a practice teacher to students on placement so as to ensure the dissemination of learning
* Have an increased level of autonomy and decision making, based on experience and knowledge, around the cases allocated and report to an Assistant Service Manager on the progress of those cases.
* In managing cases:
* Carry out assessment and investigations into cases involving significant harm, child protection or assessment of carers and compile reports to case conferences, courts/statutory panels in accordance with statutory procedures and best practice.
* Adhere to statutory legislation and service priorities.
* Implement, monitor and review plans relating to the assessed need of children and young people, their families and carers
* Chair some practice meetings in order to ensure the regular review of plans and make any necessary amendments.
* Produce assessments of need for children and young people in line with statutory regulations and ensure that services are available to meet those needs
* Undertake statutory supervision and care planning in relation to children who are looked after.
* Maintain up to date records of cases using management information systems.
* Act as a Practice Teacher to students on placement.
* Co-work difficult cases with the allocated Social Worker to allow less experienced staff to benefit from the expertise and experience of an Advanced Practitioner where they have available capacity.
* Maintain performance and develop practice and experience in line with personal targets as agreed with the Senior Fieldwork Manager through supervision.
* Contribute to the achievement of Key Performance Indicators identified through service planning.
* Work to the prescribed quality standards for service provision set out by the service for all workers.
Essential requirements of this Advanced Social Work Practitioner role:
* Social Work England registration
* Social Work qualified
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience in Children's social work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.