Social Worker - SEND - Waltham Forest - £37,772 - £40,869 per annum
We are currently looking for an experienced Social Worker to join a SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disability service 0-25 years old) based in Waltham Forest.
The successful candidate will be a dedicated and creative experienced Social Worker looking to make your mark, develop your career and improve the lives of children, young adults and their families.
In return for your hard work, our client will give you the time and active support you need to make a difference. Promoting creativity is at the heart of their agenda to develop Social Work, and means you will be encouraged to share ideas, bring about positive change and strive to continuously improve outcomes for vulnerable children.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* Discounted parking
* Access to a leading pension scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Generous annual leave
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* To undertake statutory assessments and the development and maintenance of Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP) across the Local Authority for Children with Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
* Maintaining a caseload of children with EHCPs and attend annual reviews and make changes to plans as required
* Liaise with providers of childcare, education or vocational provision to source appropriate placements for children and young people with EHCP
* Provide advice and support to parents and Educational Settings about SEND Code of practice procedures, and how to request an assessment of need and suitable provision in an EHCP to meet identified needs
Essential Requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Social Work England Registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
* A full UK license holder
* Experience of implementing the SEND Reforms/Children and Families Act in practice
For more information please email email@example.com