Social Worker - Pathways/Children Looked After Team - Middlesbrough - £38.40 per hour
The Pathways/Children Looked After Team in Middlesbrough has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Social Worker to join their team.
Social Workers within the Looked After Children's Teams have responsibility for securing permanence for children with plans of adoption, long term fostering and special guardianship. They work closely with partners as corporate parents to support children to develop their life skills, achieve to their full potential and work towards their aspirations.
The successful Social Worker will keep in regular contact with the child to provide them with support and will also arrange contact meetings between the child and their parents. They may be helped in this by a social worker assistant. Once a placement has become permanent, the child will transfer to the Looked After/Pathway Team, and they'll get a new Social Worker. A 'Pathway Plan' will be written around the child's sixteenth birthday which will include planning the next steps in their education and training.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Long term contracts
* Highest rate of pay in the area
* CV enhancement
Duties of this Social Worker role:
* To undertake a comprehensive Social Work service to Children and Families within a defined area.
* To formulate and design appropriate plans to meet identified needs and to arrange for the implementation of such plans, in conjunction with other appropriate agencies.
* To provide appropriate ongoing support to individuals and families as the key worker.
* To ensure that individual professional standards are maintained in line with agreed levels, including full compliance with policy and procedural guidelines and accepting primary responsibility for the level and quality casework recording.
* To feed back to the Team Manager any problems in relation to the effective provision of services or policies.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme