Social Worker - Duty & Assessment Team - Manchester - £30 per hour
An experienced Children's Duty and Assessment Social Worker is required to join our client in Manchester. The successful Social Worker will have the opportunity to put their previous experience to good use whilst being surrounded by a strong supportive network of experienced social workers and managers.
As a Duty and Assessment Social Worker, you will be provided with a comprehensive induction, training, help and advice to enable you to reach your full potential.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Effective induction
* Excellent rate of pay
* Reflective Supervision
* Long term contracts available
* Clearly defined Practice Standards and Managers Standards
* Effective and supportive management
* The right technology to undertake your role
* Efficient 'work-life balance' is encouraged
* Flexible/Remote Working
Duties as a Social Worker:
* To provide effective and high quality professional social work to children and their families
in accordance with legislation; statutory guidance at national, regional, and local levels; and
policies and procedures, with the outcome of improving the lives of children in Manchester.
* Understand the role of the child and family and child development
* The post holder will be responsible for building effective professional relationships with
children and families that enables full participation in assessment, and care planning based
upon best evidence which addresses risk in all its forms.
* The post holder will take account of child development theories and new learning to inform
their practice and shape their assessment and analysis of risk and care planning, taking into
account that each child is unique within developmental norms.
* The post holder will assess the influence and impact of cultural and social factors on the
child's development including key factors such as parenting styles, and the child's
resilience/uncertainty to change and loss.
* Understand factors that impact children including abuse and neglect
* The post holder will identify the impact that social and environmental factors have on
parents and carers ability to promote good outcomes for children accessing help for them
via other services and adult interventions to promote the outcome of improving the child's
This will include early help, domestic violence, mental health services and
coordinating as part of social work intervention to reduce concerning adult behaviours that
could increase risk to children.
* The post holder will exchange information with partner agencies as part of their
responsibilities to safeguard and promote the safety of children. Considering the
long term and acute aspects of child abuse in all its forms.
* The post holder will lead investigations of allegations of significant harm listening and
challenging appropriately the views of others to assess and analyse risk. As part of this the
post holder will coordinate and lead a coordinated risk management plan to protect children
from significant harm.
* Undertake effective direct work with children and families
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme