Social Worker - North East Locality - Northumberland - £27 per hour
An experienced Social Worker is required to join the North East Locality Team providing a Statutory Social Work Service in Blyth, Northumberland. The successful Social Worker will be working within children on CIN/CP and Looked After.
Northumberland provide strength-based practice adopting Signs of Safety as a practice model in supporting families in times of adversity and crisis. As a Social Worker, you will receive monthly supervision and in addition are supported in group supervision with an established supportive team.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Monthly supervision
* Supportive team
* Competitive rate
Duties of this Social Worker role:
* To carry a complex mixed caseload of children in a variety of circumstances. (CIN/CP/LAC)
* To aim to achieve good outcomes for children and their families.
* To assess children and their families; to devise plans which address identified needs.
* Assess and manage risk utilising an evidence-based approach.
* To monitor, review and update plans effectively.
* To use social work tools, practice, and research to underpin interventions
* To promote children and young people remaining with their birth families or identified carers, by preventing family breakdown or reuniting children or young people separated from their family due to temporary crisis.
* To work directly with children, young people, and their families at the point of crisis, ensuring the welfare of the child is always prioritised.
* To establish and maintain effective working relationships with individual service users, groups, families, and multi-agency partners.
* To understand and apply the locally agreed thresholds for intervention, stepping cases 'up' and 'down' as appropriate.
* To case manage and record in accordance with statutory agency requirements.
* To use ICT systems competently and effectively.
* To offer coaching and mentoring to less experienced colleagues as required.
* To model and share good practice within the team.
* To participate in identified projects/initiatives/training in line with practice improvement agenda.
* To be proactive, taking responsibility for individual CPD.
* To follow the standards as recommended by the social work regulator in relation to standards, performance, and ethics.
* To participate in the office duty system as required.
* Other duties appropriate to the nature, level, and grade of the post
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work qualified, and Social Work England Registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
* A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.