Social Worker - Schools Project - Swindon - £37,061 - £40,072 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to work as a Social Worker as part of a Schools Project, working with the Department for Education who are piloting the programme.
This is an innovative programme partnering closely with schools, with the team rated as good in its latest Ofsted Inspection in 2019, it is proud to be one of only 20 Local Authorities in the Country to be able to take part in this initiative.
They are investing in safeguarding services in order to drive service improvement and achieve better outcomes for the children and families in Swindon. They want passionate and experienced staff to join them on their improvement journey.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* 12 month fixed term contract or permanent vacancy
* Welcoming and supportive team
* Empowering team
* Excellent opportunity to gain valuable and unique experiences
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* Supporting designated safeguarding leads, and educational and pastoral colleagues in safeguarding children and young people
* Engage and motivate children, young people and their families in a range of circumstances
* Talk about what good practice 'looks like' for children, young people and families
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* A degree or diploma in Social Work
* Registered with Social Work England registration
* Proven ability to work in partnership with children, young people, parents, carers and partners
* A strong strength based approach and child-centred value base that informs the work with children, young people and families
* Effective assessment, analysis and planning skills
* Candidates must be fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the Immigration Act - for the effective performance of a customer-facing role)
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com