Social Worker - Children's Locality Team - Hull - £33 per hour
We are looking for an experienced, committed, and passionate Children's Social Worker to join one of the Locality Teams in Hull. The Locality Teams manage Children in Need, Child Protection, Children Looked After and care proceedings work.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Chance to be part of an experienced and supportive team
* Access to relevant council training
* Home working available
* High pay rate for the area
Duties as a Social Worker:
* To promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young people and/or vulnerable adults (Service Area to include where appropriate)
* Contributes to the overarching strategy in Hull Children's Social Care Services to ensure that the team actively plans for safety, permanency and stability for children and young people regardless of the setting in which they live and to actively support children to live at home safely.
* Works in partnership with colleagues, parents and carers, ensuring that child-centred, systemic practice is the principal standard and framework for all work undertaken with children, young people and families.
* Engages in critical reflection and constructive challenge within the course of working with colleagues, other agencies and with children, young people and families.
* Undertakes specific pieces of direct work with children, young people and families both individually and co-working with colleagues as directed by the Team Manager.
* Actively engages in weekly team meetings ensuring focused and purposeful social work is undertaken with all cases.
* Works with colleagues in the team to ensure that children, young people and families are regularly and actively communicated with.
* Works with colleagues in the team to ensure that case recording is up to date and that required information is available for a variety of purposes e.g. core groups, multi-agency meetings, strategy meetings, panels, court, case conferences and looked after children reviews.
* Engages in the professional decision-making process with colleagues in relation to complex/high risk cases.
* Actively engages in the professional development framework for Hull Children's Social Care Services (including attendance at practice development groups) and continuous learning as per relevant level of the Professional Capabilities Framework for the role.
* The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and associated legislation places responsibilities for health and safety on Hull City Council, as your employer and you as an employee of the council. In addition to the Councils overall duties, the post holder has personal responsibility for their own health & safety and that of other employees; additional and more specific responsibilities are identified in the Council's Corporate H&S policy.
* Engages in and advises on the professional decision-making process with children, young people and their families and colleagues in relation to complex/high risk cases.
* Prepares for and attends relevant decision-making panels on specific cases where there may be a requirement for additional resources e.g. Resource Allocation Panel.
* Prepares for and attends court as required in relation to specific cases where the engagement of legal processes is necessary.
* Provides co-working support and advice to other staff members within the team.
* Engages in and advises on the professional decision-making process with children, young people and their families and colleagues in relation to complex/high risk cases. Occasionally deputises for the Team Manager and liaises with children, young people and families and the Group Manager when necessary in relation to decisions on cases of a complex/high risk nature.
* Provides day-to-day supervision and contributes to practice education of any social work student attached to the team. Provides professional supervision (monthly) to the Family Practitioner.
* Actively supports and engages in practice development groups and the provision of information/professional opinion as required e.g. for policy amendments, newly developed ways of working.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.