Social Worker - Preparation for Adulthood Transitions Team - Sheffield - £28 per hour
Offices are based in the city centre
Sheffield Council are currently looking for two qualified Social Workers to join their Preparation for Adulthood Transitions Teams.
Case work will be related to young people aged 18-25 with disabilities who are transitioning into adults' services and therefore experience of having worked in this area is preferred.
During the pandemic there is a rota system working part office part based at home due to social distancing regulations. You will be required to undertake home visits and PPE will be provided.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Stable authority
* Regular supervision
* Home working on a rota basis
Duties of this Social Worker role:
* Secure good outcomes for children and young people in need. Ensure that they are safe and supported to achieve their full potential, as supported by the Senior Fieldwork Manager and at times the Advanced Social Work Practitioner.
* Provide a high quality social work service to children, their families and carers by using relationship based practice, following service practice standards and statutory guidance.
* Work in partnership with children, their families, carers and professionals to identify the right services for children who need help and protection or who need support to progress whilst in care or leaving care. Maintain accurate, case notes within statutory timescales, prepare plans, reviews and reports and engage in statutory supervision.
* Support children and families in transition, including children and young people moving to and between placements, returning home, being adopted or moving to independence.
* Be accountable for compliance with standards and quality of social work practice.
* Under supervision, work independently to hold and effectively manage a caseload of complex cases. Respond to complex referrals, provide casework advice, support and guidance to other team members. Use the signs of safety framework for all social work practice.
* Carry out investigations, assessment and management of risk, write reports, give evidence in court and provide professional opinion and work with children and young people in care, at all times following statutory and service standards and guidance.
* Build relationships with children, young people and all key family members as the basis for all support and child protection responses. Provide support based on best evidence, which is tailored to meet individual child and family needs and which addresses relevant and significant risks. Overcome hostility and resistance to social care involvement.
* Work in partnership and undertake negotiation with families and professionals for full participation in assessment, planning, review and decision making, at all times prioritising safety of children/young people.
* Observe and talk to children in their environment, including at home, school with parents, carers, friends and peers to help understand their development and the impact on their development by the quality of their physical and social environment, different parenting styles and any communication difficulties, ill-health or disabilities.
* Identify the impact of adult mental ill health, substance misuse, domestic abuse and disability on how families work and the effect on children, including those who are young carers.
* Access professional help to prevent adult social need and risk. Identify and manage any concerning adult behaviour and the risk to children
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.