Social Worker - SEND - Haringey - £28 - £32 per hour
We are currently looking for a Social Worker to join a fantastic Children and Young People with Specialist Needs/ Disabled Children's Team in Haringey.
They require an experienced Social Worker, who has an understanding, knowledge and ability to follow guidelines, ensuring compliance with Health and Safety at Work, Data Protection and other statutory requirements.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful Social Worker must have experience of working directly with Disabled children and young people and/or disabled adults and their families from a linguistically and culturally diverse community.
The benefits of this Social Worker role:
* £28 - £32 per hour
* Relevant training and development opportunities
* Career progression opportunities
* Stable and supportive team
Duties as a Social Worker:
* To assess, identify levels of risk and need, and deliver protective or supportive services for children at risk, or in need or subject to a Protection Plan
* Understanding and awareness of the changes taking place in social work including integrated services approach'
* To deliver a high quality service to children in our care within our role of corporate parent and aimed ensuring best outcomes for children and young people
* To implement Child Protection plans by working in partnership with parents and colleagues from other agencies to effect better outcome for children on the Register
* To promote the welfare of children in need with particular regard for their age, sex, disability, health, race, religion, culture and life experience
* To accommodate children and young people and initiate care proceedings when appropriate
* To work with Young People and families around times of transition and transfer to Adult social care services
* To implement care plans, including arrangements for funding and ensuring that the cost of provision remains within agreed budgets
* To ensure that all expenditure on cases is properly authorised and recorded and that cases with financial packages are regularly monitored and reviewed
* To monitor and review the implementation of and to provide continuing advice, support and social work services to children and young people, their families and their carers
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work qualified, with relevant post qualified experience
* Social Work England registration
* The legal right to work in the UK
* Experience of working directly with Disabled children and young people and/or Disabled adults and their families from a linguistically and culturally diverse community
* Experience of working in the Statutory, Voluntary or the Independent sector
* Experience of using computers, including Microsoft office applications
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.