Quality Assurance Manager - Haringey - £55,017 - £58,242 per annum
Closing Date: Wednesday 5th May 2021
We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join fantastic service in Haringey. They are requiring an individual who is deeply committed to improving outcomes for vulnerable children and their families and will go the extra mile to effect change.
As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will manage and contribute to practice learning arrangements for the children's workforce ensuring learning opportunities are maximized.
For this position, you must have excellent frontline practice skills, as well as sound management experience in children's social care.
Benefits of this Quality Assurance Manager role:
* 30 days of annual leave
* 50 hours a year of personal development training
* Pension scheme
* Agile working
Duties as a Quality Assurance Manager:
* As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will work closely with the Head of Service to ensure the implementation and delivery of the Quality Assurance Framework's thorough and agreed program of audit activity
* You will lead in audit activity and analysis of audit data as well as producing reports as required relating to audit findings to staff at all levels within Children's Services
* You will also work closely with the Children's Academy to ensure that findings from quality assurance activities are reflected as appropriate in our learning and development offer
* You will have an integral role in supporting the implementation of the Signs of Safety Practice Framework and will lead on designing specific ways of working, embracing the latest government initiatives and legislation to deliver the practice vision.
* You will manage and contribute to practice learning arrangements for the children's workforce ensuring learning opportunities are maximized
Essential requirements of this Quality Assurance Manager role:
* Excellent frontline practice skills
* You will have substantial knowledge of the legislation and statutory responsibilities that underpin Children's Social Care, including appropriate performance indicators and quality standards; possessing a unique ability to convert this knowledge into operational learning opportunities to enhance the workforce knowledge
* The legal right to work in the UK
* Demonstrable experience managing a team
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org