Social Worker - Positive Futures Care Leavers - Swindon - £32,231 - £40,072 per annum
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Children's Social Worker to join a Positive Futures Care Leavers Team based in Swindon.
Our client has made big changes across the service they provide to ensure they provide the best care for children and great conditions for their staff. Some of the improvements include:
* Multi-million pound investment in staff and support
* Significant restructure creating smaller social worker teams
* New intuitive IT system to cut down on desk time and make mobile working the norm
* A separate 'Children Looked After' team to make sure they provide the best service for children in care
* High standards for management practice, support and supervision for staff
* Listening to their social workers by holding regular social work forums
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* £3000 "golden hello" payment after 1 years' service
* Retention payments of £2000 after completing 2 years' service and a further £2000 after 3 years' service
* Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (eligibility criteria)
* Competitive salaries
* Free car parking at their central Swindon campus
* A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
* 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 31 days after 10 years' service
* Leisure and Legal Services discounts
* Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
* Flexible working
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* Investigate complaints of neglect and ill-treatment of children.
* Provision of accommodation.
* Receive children committed to the care of the authority and use child assessment and emergency protection Orders.
* Accept responsibility for and supervision of children in care and set up reviews of such cases at defined intervals.
* Undertaken investigations into prospective family, friends and foster parents and supervise fostering arrangements in both private and local authority approved cases
* Give evidence in the courts in care and other proceedings which the authority may institute, including the presentation of reports.
* To act in accordance with the priority and policies of the children's division and department.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Post qualified experience
* Registered with Social Work England
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com