Social Worker - Referral & Assessment - Swindon - £40,861 - £42,635 per annum
An experienced Social Worker is required to join a Referral & Assessment Team based in Swindon.
Our client has made big changes across the service they provide to ensure they provide the best care for children and great conditions for their staff. Some of the improvements include:
* Multi-million pound investment in staff and support
* Significant restructure creating smaller social worker teams
* New intuitive IT system to cut down on desk time and make mobile working the norm
* A separate 'Children Looked After' team to make sure they provide the best service for children in care
* High standards for management practice, support and supervision for staff
* Listening to their social workers by holding regular social work forums
* Social Work & Leadership Academy
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* £3000 "golden hello" payment after 1 years' service
* Retention payments of £2000 after completing 2 years' service and a further £2000 after 3 years' service
* Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (eligibility criteria)
* Competitive salaries
* Free car parking at their central Swindon campus
* A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
* 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 31 days after 10 years' service
* Leisure and Legal Services discounts
* Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
* Flexible working
* "Happy to talk Flexible working"
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* To communicate and engaging with children, young people and their families, with colleagues and with communities.
* Where the role requires, to act as Lead Professional for named families, being the key contact with the family and liaising with other professionals to provide a joined-up response.
* To participate in CAF, multi-agency assessment, Statutory Assessment and other relevant assessment processes and offer management oversight where required.
* To work alongside children, young people, parents and families where there are early signs of social, emotional, health or behavioural issues to bring about sustainable improvement.
* To undertake direct observation of practice, with effective feedback to offer quality assurance.
* To obtain user feedback and involvement to improve service delivery.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Post qualified experience
* Registered with Social Work England
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org